The Powerbase V8 comes with a high power rotary transformer and a high specification toroid transformer replaces the original chassis transformer. The unit supplies 0-20V smoothed dc and 0-16V AC at 8 amps. The output is continuously variable and protected by a panel mounted thermal cut out. An output limiter is fitted which allows the user to preset the maximum voltage available.
A compact power supply offering 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 volts at currents of up to 5A. Both dc and ac outputs may be used simultaneously up to the rated output. The output is protected by a push button cut-out. The unit is 2A fused on the back panel and comes complete with a moulded mains lead and plug. 4 units are designed to fit in a shallow Gratnell tray.
|Other equipment needed is two standard 4mm plugged leads and a power supply capable of delivering 2-3 volts at 1 amp.
A very popular and compact Westminster power supply that is ideal for school use in Key stage 4 and 5 physics lessons with its tough steel case protected by a tough powder coated finish that will last years of use. The unit will deliver up to 16A AC or DC through its colour coded terminal posts. This power supply is very popular for use in electromagnet experiments.
Class set of 15 Capacitance Substitution Boxes. The IPC Capacitance Substitution Box (IPC-5861-X) provides the easily selection of 12 preferred value capacitors, ranging from 100pF to 0.47µF.
The values range from: 100pF, 220pF, 470pF, 1nF, 2n2, 4n7, 10nF, 22nF, 47nF, 0.1µF, 0.22µF and 0.47µF. All the capacitors offer a maximum voltage rating of 50V (AC or DC), with actual capacitance value tolerances of ±5% to ±10%. The unit is housed in a robust ABS plastic case with rotary selector switch and a pair of 4mm connection sockets.
BERT is a simple way of introducing electrical resistance and resistivity to a class. It consists of a circuit board that may be drawn on using the supplied pencil. Connecting the two sides of the board together by a pencil line gives a conducting track and the LED lights. The brightness of the LED gives an indication of the resistance of the path. Drawing the line thicker decreases the resistance, as does shortening the path. Resistances in parallel may be studied and a “volume control” simply made.
BERT may also be used to test various materials to see whether they are conductors or insulators. Liquids and pastes may also be tested. The conductivity of the class may be studied as well as how a switch works. When you are finished the pencil lines may be removed with the supplied eraser.
- A heavy-duty power supply for powering laboratory experiments.
- Heavy duty variable transformer and high power toroid transformer
- Continuously variable output of 0 to 16Vac and 0 to 20V dc capacitor smoothed
- Output current 8A. Output voltages are rated at 8A load so higher voltages are available at less output current.
- Manufactured in the UK with 5 years warranty
- AC and DC outputs may be used simultaneously up to rated current.
- Colour coded 4mm sockets.
- Maximum voltage limiter operated by Allen key
- Push button cut-out to protect against overload and short circuit conditions
- Available in Irwin Blue or transparent case
- Mains Input 230V, 50Hz
- Fusing: 5A mains plug fuse
- Input Supply voltage 230V dc
- Supply frequency 50Hz
- Mains fuse Rear panel 2A, 20mm quick blow Mains plug 3A
- Output Voltage 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12V ac nominal 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11V full wave rectified dc nominal
- Maximum output current 5A ac or dc
- Manufactured in the UK
Our mini national grid system is a very cost-effective way of teaching the principles used by the National Grid to supply electrical power to our homes. This kit comprises two printed circuit boards and a set of "HT" leads to interconnect them and is SELV (Safety /Separated Extra Low-Voltage) classed, which means that no part of the system is at more than 50 volts - which means it is very safe and suitable for student use. The system allows the user to compare electrical transmission at low and high voltages and the results are displayed by the brightness of the two on-board MES lamps which are supplied.
- AC & DC Output: Voltages 1-2V
- Current 16A
- Voltage type - Fixed
- Output type - Full wave rectified DC & AC
- Mains input 230/240V AC, 50Hz
- Supplied with mains plug and lead
- Manufactured in the UK
Description : Capacitance Substitution Box
Part Number : IPC-5861-X
Electrical Supply : 50VAC/DC Maximum
Dimensions : 75 x 100 x 40mm
Mass : 0.15kg
Capacitance Tolerance : ±5% to ±10%
Electrical Connections : 4mm Sockets
A stunningly effective way of teaching the basics of electrical resistance.
The kit comprises of:
- 1 x BERT circuit board
- 1 x PP3 battery
- 1 x 3B pencil
- 1 x crocodile clip connecting lead
- 1 x eraser
- 1 x full set of teaching notes.